There are many reasons to love the Aeropress brewing method. First of all, it makes a damn-good cup of coffee – easily and quickly.
Moreover, it is portable, easy to clean and versatile. The Aeropress brews espressos, long blacks and cold press styles of coffee. Bonus: it uses microfilters, which means no grit in the cup.
The following is our signature recipe for one cup of long-back style of coffee. If you wish to make two cups of coffee at the same time using your Aeropress (its capacity is 250 ml), keep posted as another recipe is coming soon!
- You will need 18g of coffee beans (or 4 teaspoons if you don’t have a coffee scale at home). We recommend slightly coarser than espresso grind.
- Put the filter in the cap and twist it onto the chamber. Stand chamber on a mug.
- Shake the ground coffee in.
- Add 50ml of 96° hot water
- Stir very lightly to make all the coffee wet.
- Let it steep for 30 seconds.
- Add 150ml of hot water.
- Let it brew for 90 seconds.
- Rinse the filter to get rid of the papery taste.
- Put the filter on, invert and press! Extract within 40 seconds. Enjoy!